SOUS CHEF | THE LOOKOUT | ECHO POINT
Perched on the edge of the escarpment, Echo Point precinct with panoramic views of the southern Blue Mountains, Kanangra-Boyd Wilderness and the iconic Three Sisters, this venue is located on Echo Point Road and offers majestic views from the upper and ground floor levels of this world class restaurant, café and wine bar.
We want you!
We are looking for our next star sous chef to work alongside our dynamic team at The Lookout. If you have experience working in fast paced cafés, restaurants, functions and events environments, delivering premium quality, we would love to hear from you. You will be responsible for the service of high quality food, working across the multi sited venue. We have a large inbound tourist market and can have up to 25 to 500 pax for lunch daily. You will have a strong understanding of a production kitchen and the logistics behind making it successful, while being able to demonstrate your fabulous time management skills.
This would be a great opportunity for a strong Chef de Partie looking for the next step in their career.
To be successful in this role:
- Sous Chef experience or minimum 5+ years Chef experience
- Able to work five days per week across a 7 day roster
- Complete ability to design and cost for corporate inbounds, function, special events menus
- Prepared to work in multi outlets including restaurant service, events and café
- High volume production kitchen experience to support our inbound market
- Experience in managing food costs, staffing, menu design, ordering and invoicing
- Chef qualifications or trade experience equivalent
- Flexible and willing attitude, clear communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional grooming and pride in presentation
- Ability to mentor, lead and coach other team members
- You will be reliable, dedicated, willing to continue learning and passionate
To apply for this role, please fill out the questions in the additional email directed to our careers page.